JOB DESCRIPTION – EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE HEAD OF SCHOOL
Reporting to the Assistant Head of School, Operations and Finance, the full-time Executive Assistant to the Head of School will provide consistent and professional support to the Head of School, to the Assistant Heads of School, as well as working together with the office team to ensure the smooth running of the office and school.
The Executive Assistant to the Head of School responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Acting as a liaison for the Head of School with the school community.
- Managing the Head of School’s calendar, and makes all necessary arrangements for the organization, preparation and follow-up of all aspects of meetings.
- Ensuring that the Head of School is always up to date with all incoming information or engagements.
- Screening and directing phone calls or visits for the Head of School.
- Drafting letters for signature or communication based on notes or other direction given.
- Acting as a liaison, organizing meetings and the communication for all Board committees and sub-committees, organizes meetings and communication.
- Acting as a liaison to the Ministry of Education and other associations on behalf of the Head of School.
- Maintaining agenda topics, status lists and takes minutes as needed.
- Maintaining a sense of teamwork and positive tone among school office staff.
- Providing executive support to the Assistant Heads of School.
- Providing administrative support for school-wide administrative needs
- Performing other duties as requested.
Qualities of candidates:
- Provides confidential, consistent and professional support to the Head of School
- Possessing excellent organizational, writing, and an ability to anticipate the needs of the office
- Takes initiatives in order to ensure that the Head of School is always ahead of the game and efficient
- Has the ability to work with a wide range of individuals and to interact cheerfully and professionally with the public
- Is proficient in using of Microsoft Office and Google docs are a must
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Coba are an assets
- Experience as a corporate Executive Assistant desirable
To apply, please send a copy of your cv and cover letter to email@example.com.