Applying to Akiva School
Akiva School is currently accepting applications for:
- Junior Kindergarten (4-year-old program) 2024
- Kindergarten 2025 (Our kindergarten classes for 2023 and 2024 are currently full, however we have an active waiting pool for families who are still interested in applying now.)
Important admission dates for new families
Please note the following important deadlines for applications for the classes listed above:
- Application deadline – November 13h, 2023: All online applications must be completed and submitted by November 13th, 2023 to be considered for first round acceptances.
- Acceptance notification – Week of December 4th, 2023: Families accepted in the first round of acceptances to fill classes will be notified the week of December 4th.
Admission steps for new families/children entering kindergarten
- Submit an application online:
- Please note that part of the online application is a $50 application fee is necessary to process the application.
- Following the submission of your application our Admissions Coordinator, Ilanna Besner will contact you for next steps.
- Mandatory Online Zoom family meeting:
- Our Admissions Coordinator will schedule an online Zoom meeting with your family and members of the Administrative Team, including the Head of School.
- Mandatory school tour with your child:
- Interested families will be invited to visit the school in person.
- During the indicated acceptance notification week, accepted families will be notified by our Admissions Coordinator for next steps in school registration.
- A non refundable $200 deposit will be required to secure their space.
- If no space is available, your child is automatically placed in a waiting pool list until a space becomes available.
Admission for Akiva siblings
Siblings of current Akiva students and families are given priority registration and will be contacted by our Admissions Coordinator for early application and registration dates.
Access to English schooling is governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec which stipulate that all students who attend government-subsidized English schools in Quebec require an English eligibility certificate. For more information on the criteria for English eligibility, please see the MEES website.
Please contact Ilanna Besner, Admissions Coordinator, at (514) 939-2430, ext. 127 for all your admission questions.